Wines by the case of 6 bottles
- ($25) Masca 2015. Was born as the “ Ugly Duckling”, because was the wine made with grape varietal that didn’t want to be used for the grand cru of the Roccapesta wines, and it turned out to be the beautiful Swan. A wine that you can drink in any occasion. Made with 80% Sangiovese, 10% Syrah, 10% Petit Verdot.The Syrah and Petit Verdot spend 12 months in 500liters oak barrels.
- ($55) Calestaia 2013. The dream coming true of Alberto, aiming for an elegant and complex wine. Made with 100% Sangiovese, single vineyard old vines. Ages in large oak barrels (2500liters) for 2 years.
- ($25) Inciucio (2016). Sparkling wine made with Sangiovese grapes, following the Charmat Lungo method. Fresh, bubbly and crisp.
- ($25) Montecucco Rosso 2015. Made with 70% Sangiovese, 25% Montepulciano d’Abruzzo and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. Ages in oak barrels “II passaggio” (previously used, so, they will relieve less tannins) for 10 months. It’s a easy wine to drink, simple.
- ($35) Syrah 2014. Made with 100% Syrah. Ages in oak barrels for 12 months.This harvest has less structure than the usual, but the result is a fresher, more likable wine.
- ($35) Sormonno 2014.Made with 70% Sangiovese and 30% Cabernet Sauvignon . Ages in new oak barrels for 18th months. Different than in the past, Sornmonno now doesn't have Montepulciano d’Abruzzo in the bland and is meant to be a fresher younger wine.
- ($25) SassoBianco 2017. Made with Trebbiano, Vermentino and a little Sauvignon Blanc. Is a fresh, fruity and perfumed wine.
- ($25) Maestrale 2016. Made with 100% Ciliegiolo. Ages only in stainless steel vats. It’s a fresh, young and fruity red wine. Very easy to drink and pair with meals.
- ($35) Sentinelle Riserva 2012. Made with 85% Sangiovese and 15% Alicante. Ages in oak barrels for 20 months. It’s a Riserva of the Morellino, very particular because of the percentage of Alicante grape on it.
- ($45) Querciolaia 2013. Made with 100% Alicante. Ages in oak barrels for 18 months. It’s a silky, smooth, unique wine.
- ($25) Ali Ale’. Made with 50% Alicante and 50% Aleatico. Is a “Passito”. Grapes are dried for 2 months in a breezy place. Clusters are separated by hand and the dried grapes are hand pressed. It ages in oak barrels for 6 months.
Sasso di Sole (Organic farm):
- ($25) Orcia 2016.Made with 100% Sangiovese. Ages in large Italian oak barrels old style (3500liters). Due to its high acidity this is a perfect pairing for any Tuscan meal.
- ($55) Brunello 2012. Made with 100% Sangiovese from the old vines, planted by Roberto’s grandfather in 1977. Is very well structured. Ages in the Italian large oak barrels for 3 years and at the least 2 years in the bottle. It’s soft, tannic, but sapid with body.
- ($75) Brunello Riserva 2010. This is the best of the best. It can be aged for another 20-30 years (cork permitting)... Made with 100% Sangiovese from the oldest vines. It ages in Italian large oak barrels for 4 years and at the least 2 years in the bottles.This is my kind of “Meditation vine”.
- ($25) Bianco 2017.Made with 80%Vermentino and 20% Malvasia.The classic flavor of Vermentino is perfectly balanced with the fruity aromas of the Malvasia. It’s delicate and fine. The delicate savoury and mineral flavours that tickle the palate in the finish are noteworthy.
- ($25) Gessaia 2017. Made with 100% Sauvignon Blanc from the newer vines (10 years old). The nose is intense and long lasting. Dry and fresh on the palate.Well balanced, long-lasting in flavour with an elegant finish and savoury notes.
- ($35) Enos I 2017. Made with 100% Sauvignon Blanc from the old vines, planted by Riccardo’s Grandfather, Enos. Is a dry fresh wine, with a delicate body. Long and complex with an overall harmony.
- ($25) Staccione 2016. Rosato made with 100% Sangiovese harvested by hand in mid September.Soft crushing for vinification. The juice briefly macerate with skins and ferments without skins for 15 days at 12°C, stabilized with the cold. The colour is salmon pick, on the palate has a perfect balance of flavour, freshness and a fruity finish.
- ($25) Rosso 2016. Made with 80% Ciliegiolo and 20% Sangiovese.Ruby red in colour, with notes of cherry. It is dry and fresh in the palate, with a firm acidity.
- ($35) Metodo Classico 2014. Made with 100% organic Sangiovese. The grapes are gently pressed to obtain a yield of 50%. The fermentation happens using the cold technique to enhance the aromas and elegance of the wine.Fresh with yeasty notes.Tiny bubbles wrap around the palate with elegance.
- ($25) Vermentino 2017. Made with 100% Vermentino, harvested at the end of September. Grown in land rich of Iron, it has a high minerality.
- ($25) Rosato 2017. Made with 100% Sangiovese. Ferments without grape skins. It ages for 5 months in stainless steel.
- ($35) Cabernet 2015. Made with 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, harvested in mid October. Ages in oak barrels for 18 months. It gets stabilized in stainless steel vats and then in the bottle for another 6 months,
- ($25) Sangiovese 2015. Made with 100% Sangiovese. Great vintage.Ages in large oak barrels for 18 months.
- ($45) Riserva 2013. Made with 100% Sangiovese. Quality vintage. Ages in oak barrels for 2 years and another year in the bottle (at least).Very delicate tannins.